Membership of CODE includes the option to join a continuous quality assessment audit scheme. There are two types of voluntary audits:
* Audit of courses. Quality assessment audit of specific courses and study programmes.
* Institutional audits. Quality assessment audits of an institution. These will cover all educational programmes offered and will require verification of the following:
- Main premises and facilities of the institution
- Educational technology
- Student access to electronic texts and sources
- Methodology of course evaluation and examinations
- Academic Staff, Qualifications and work relations
- Information technology resources
- Research programmes
- Staff development programmes
- Joint programmes with other academic institutions
- Verification of the system of educational management
- Monitoring of defects identified and of remedial actions undertaken
The cost of a specific audit will be determined by the size of the institution, the nature of the course or courses, and the geographic spread of support delegations. Membership of CODE is a prerequisite for audit requests.